Color U.S. Navy footage of the capture of U-505 German U-boat by USS Guadalcanal (CVE-60). Listed at the National Archives as "Now it can be told (MN-5883), ca 06-1944."
See also Away Boarders
and Arrival Of U-505 Captured German Sub, Chicago, 06-26-1954
National Archives description: "1) MS USS Guadalcanal (CVE-60).
2) LS U-boat 505, bow and part of her conning tower sticking up.
3) HA MS Captured Nazi crew from U-boat 505.
4) LS Starboard quarter view of USS Guadalcanal towing U-boat 505 (SV).
5) MLS Stern view of USS Guadalcanal; U-boat in foreground, conning tower and bow sticking up.
6) MS Conning tower of U-boat, American flag flying from it.
7) MS Several men on bow of U-boat 505; PAN back to conning tower.
8) MS Bow view of U-boat 505, tow line over it.
9) MS Broadside view of U-boat 505, partially sunk.
10) HA MS Conning tower; PAN up to bow section sticking out of water (SV).
11) LS U-boat 505, from stern of USS Guadalcanal.
12) HA LS Overlooking stern of USS Guadalcanal; motor whale boat goes out to U-boat 505; puts a tow line over it.
13) HA MS Tow line going over U-boat; DE in background, lying to.
14) LS Motor whale boat underway; fast PAN over to U-boat 505.
15) LS U-boat 505; men looking thru pair of binoculars in foreground."
National Archives Identifier: 78705
As always, any error or typo is mine and if you enjoy my uploads or if you intend to make $ or otherwise profit from these files, please consider making a donation to a veteran's charity of your choice and/or Archive.org itself. Thanks. :)